This curry is made with hard boiled eggs and invloves a bit of the old pestle and mortar. So, you get a tasty curry and a workout...woohoo!
1st of all, let's have the ingredients:
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 15 ounce (or 425 gram) tin of tomatoes (drain, keep juice)
- 2 tablespoons of chopped, fresh coriander
- 4 hard boiled eggs (cool, cut lengthways)
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
And now for the directions:
- Grind the garlic, ginger and spices well in the pestle and mortar (not the garam masala).
- Heat the oil and fry the onion (gently) until soft. Add the spices from the pestle and mortar and fry with the onions for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the salt, tomatoes and fresh coriander and simmer gently until the sauce thickens (there should only be a small amount of sauce).
- Gently add the eggs, spoon sauce over them.
- Sprinkle on the garam masala and any spare fresh coriander. Heat through until hot.
- Serve with rice and add a bit of freshly squeezed lemon/lime if you have any.
Share this page on: Twitter | Facebook | Google+